Microsoft SQL Server 2012
SQL Server 2012 delivers over 170 new features to help customer’s take advantage of shifts in the database industry and the increase in database virtualisation and cloud computing. SQL server 2012 delivers innovations in high availability and performance, new Business Intelligence capabilities, support for the hybrid IT environments with common management and development tools, as well as the ability to extend applications to the cloud through SQL Azure.
There is also a change to the way SQL Server 2012 is licensed, however extended transitions have been put in place to ensure existing investments are protected and customers with Software Assurance will be able to upgrade to SQL Server 2012 at no additional Cost.
Why consider SQL Server 2012 -
- Advanced “Always On” Options means 99.999% availability
- Fastest yet transaction rates – support more users and more complex transactions
- Business Intelligence Edition allows you to drive new value from the data you already own
- Power View, a feature of SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise Edition allows easy publishing of data from the database
- PowerPivot for Excel allows Pivot Tables to be created from the database