Microsoft Pricing Changes Announced 2nd February 2012
Microsoft have announced that from 1st July 2012, it is unifying its volume licensing pricing policy in the European Union/European Free Trade Association (EU/EFTA) region to establish greater pricing consistency across Europe.
Beginning on 1st July 2012, prices charged will be aligned to Euro pricing at the prevailing exchange rate. Due to sustained currency differences some EU/EFTA countries will see changes to non-euro pricing as Microsoft attempt to establish greater price consistency across Europe. Based on prevailing currency rates, Microsoft anticipate price adjustments for the British Pound on 1st July 2012 across all volume licensing programmes. The extent of any price changes in July will be determined by future exchange rates between the British Pound and Euro, exact price rises will be available from 1st June onwards however we will have some visibility in May as to what these are likely to be.
What happens to customers who are in existing annuity agreements?
Existing annuity customers that have price protection such as Enterprise Agreement or Subscription customers will not experience a price change during the term of their agreement. Any new product additions or renewals will be subject to the price change however the currency type will remain unchanged.
How does this change impact Microsoft customers?
• Mid-term Enterprise and Enterprise Subscription Agreement Customers: Existing EA/EAS customers have price protection on previously ordered products and will not experience a price change during the term of their agreement. Any new product additions will be priced at current pricelist price.
• Renewing and New EA/ EAS Customers: Renewals and New agreements will be priced at current pricelist price.
• Mid-term Open Value company-wide & Open Value Subscription Customers: Existing OV and OVS Company-Wide customers have price protection on previously ordered products and will not experience a price change during the term of their agreement. Any new products will be priced at the current pricelist price.
• Open Value Non-Company-Wide Customers: For OV Non Company-Wide purchases there is no price protection and orders will be priced at current pricelist price.
• Renewing and New OV/ OVS Customers: Renewals and New agreements will be priced at current pricelist price.
• Select and Select Plus Customers: Select and Select Plus have no price protection and are subject to current pricing for incremental purchases.
• Open License Customers: Open License has no price protection and is subject to current pricing for incremental purchases
The changes that have been announced are likely to have an impact on all Microsoft Volume Licensing Customer’s with this in mind please contact a member of the Microsoft Business Team on 01347 812150 for guidance on how these changes will effect your Microsoft agreement, or click below to arrange a meeting with a Microsoft Specialist.
Official communication from Microsoft
Due to sustained currency differences in the EU/EFTA region, some EU countries where Microsoft operates will see changes to non-Euro pricing as we establish greater price consistency across Europe.
In the UK, based on prevailing currency rates, we anticipate some adjustment in British Pound prices for software licenses sold through our volume licensing programmes from July 1st 2012.
The exact extent of any price changes in July will be determined by future exchange rates between the British Pound and Euro. These will be published to our partners in June in accordance with our pricing policy. Partners will continue to determine final price and currency to customers for all indirect volume licensing agreements.